The PC beta’s early access period begins on August 28; this is open to anyone who pre-orders the full game. If you don’t pre-order, you’ll still be able to get in with the launch of the open beta just a day later, on August 29. The beta will conclude for everyone on August 31, barring an extension, like they did for the console.
Bungie has revealed that the following content will be available for all players in the Destiny 2 beta:
- Opening Story Mission – Here you can play Homecoming, the opening story mission of Destiny 2 that was originally shown off at the gameplay reveal in LA.
- Two Crucible Maps and Modes – The classic Control will be playable, as well as the new Countdown mode, which is attack and defend based. For PC players Javelin-4 will replace the Midtown map.
- Inverted Spire Strike – The co-operative Inverted Spire Strike was another aspect to be shown at the gameplay reveal in LA.
- New Sub-Classes – You’ll be able to try out the Warlock’s Dawnblade and Voidwalker, the Hunter’s Arcstrider and Gunslinger, and the Titan’s Sentinel and Striker abilities for yourself.
- New Social Space, The Farm – It doesn’t seem like the Farm will be available for PC players.2